INFORMATION WE COLLECT
This Website collects two kinds of information: (a) information that you provide that personally identifies you; and (b) information that you provide that does not personally identify you and that we automatically collect when you access the Website.
- Personally Identifiable Information You Provide: As a general policy, we do not automatically collect your personally identifiable information when you visit this Website. In certain circumstances, we may request, allow or otherwise provide you an opportunity to submit your personally identifiable information in connection with a feature, program, promotion or some other aspect of our Website. For instance, you may choose to provide your name, mail address, e-mail address, and phone number in connection with a contest entry or coupon request, provide certain demographic information about you (e.g., age, gender, purchase preference, usage frequency, etc.) when participating in a survey or joining a club, or post a product rating and recommendation on our Website. Whether or not you provide this information is your choice; however, in many instances this type of information is required to participate in the particular activity, realize a benefit we may offer, or gain access to certain content on our Website.
- Non-Personal Information You Provide & We Collect: In certain circumstances, you may provide us non-personal information. We also automatically collect certain non-personal information from you when you access our Website. Non-personal information does not personally identify you. This information can include, among other things, your IP address, the type of browser being used (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.), the operating system you are using (e.g., Vista, Windows XP, Macintosh OS, etc.), the domain name of your Internet service provider (e.g., America Online, NetZero, etc.), and the number of users that visit a specific page on the Website and the character and duration of such visits.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION COLLECTED
We use the information you choose to provide us and the information that we automatically collect when you access our Website in the following ways:
- Non-Personal Information: The non-personal information we collect may be used to help analyze site traffic and improve our services. We may also aggregate this information to create statistical data and share it with potential advertisers, partners, affiliates and other third parties. Aggregate information does not personally identify you. Please note we reserve the right to disclose any personally identifiable or non-personal information about you if we are required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of the law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property of this Website, or other users; or (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of this Website's users or the general public.
The features, programs, promotions and other aspects of this Website requiring the submission of personally identifiable information are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. Certain benefits of the Website may be restricted to adults, age 18 or older.
An IP address is a number that's automatically assigned to your computer whenever you're surfing the Web. Web servers, the big computers that "serve up" Web pages, automatically identify your computer by its IP address. We collect IP addresses for purposes of system administration, to report aggregate information to our partners, and to track the use of the Website. When visitors request pages from the Website, our servers typically log their IP addresses. It is not our practice to link IP addresses to anything personally identifiable; that is the visitor's session will be logged, but the visitor remains anonymous to us. However, we reserve the right to use IP addresses to identify a visitor when we feel it is necessary to enforce compliance with this Website's rules or to: (a) fulfill a government request; (b) conform with the requirements of this law or legal process; (c) protect or defend our legal rights or property, this Website or other users; (d) in an emergency to protect the health and safety of this Website?s users or the general public.
If you are concerned about the storage of Cookies, you may be able to direct your browser to notify you and seek approval whenever a Cookie is being sent to your hard drive. You may also delete a Cookie manually from your hard drive. Please note, however, that some parts of this Website may not function properly or be available to you if you refuse to accept a Cookie or choose to disable your Cookies settings.
KEEPING YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We have implemented security measures we consider reasonable and appropriate to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Please be advised, however, that while we strive to protect your personally identifiable information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and are not responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your personally identifiable information.
TRANSFER OF ASSETS
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets. If another entity acquires us or all (or substantially all) of our assets, your personally identifiable information, non-personal information, and any other information that we have collected about you will be transferred to this acquiring entity. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
This Website may link to or contain links to other websites that we do not control or maintain. We are not responsible for the privacy practices employed by these other websites. We encourage you to note when you leave this Website and to read the privacy statements of all other web sites before submitting any personally identifiable information.
CONTACT & OPT-OUT INFORMATION
- Twinings North America, Inc.
- 777 Passaic Avenue, Suite 230
- Clifton, NJ 07012
- Contact Us