Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Honey Tea Bread
Twinings Tea: Any Chai Tea
- 8 oz. mixed dried fruit
- 5 fl. oz. cold tea
- 4 oz. clear honey
- 8 oz. self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 4 oz. butter, melted
- 1 tbsp. honey, warmed
- 1 oz. finely chopped nuts
- 1 oz. demerara sugar
- Steep tea in hot water for 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Place the dried fruit, tea and honey in a bowl and soak overnight or for at least 6 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 300° F, 150° C and grease and line a 2 lb loaf tin.
- Mix the flour into the fruit mixture, then add the beaten egg and beat hard. Finally, beat in the melted butter.
- Turn into the prepared tin and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and prepare the topping.
- Brush with the warmed honey, mix together the nuts and sugar and sprinkle over the top.
- Return to the oven and bake for a further 25-20 mins until a skewer comes out clean.
- When cool, carefully remove from the tin and serve sliced with butter.