Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Fruit Tea Brack
Twinings Tea: Any Black Tea
- 10 oz. mixed dried fruit
- 3 oz. soft brown sugar
- grated rind 1/2 lemon
- 12 fl. oz. hot tea
- 8 oz. self raising wholewheat flour
- 4 oz. medium oatmeal
- 2 tsp. mixed spice
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 oz. chopped nuts for topping
- Heat the oven to 375° F, 190° C.
- Place the fruit, lemon rind, sugar, and tea into a bowl, and mix well. Leave to soak overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Stir in the flour, oatmeal, spice, baking powder and egg and stir well.
- Turn the mixture into a greased and base-lined 2 lb loaf tin and smooth top.
- Sprinkle the nuts over the top. Bake for 45-50 mins until well risen and firm to the touch.
- Turn out and cool on wire rack. Serve thinly sliced.