Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Darjeeling Prunes In Bacon
Twinings Tea: Darjeeling
Serves 6. (Makes 18)
- 18 prunes
- 1 oz Darjeeling tea
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 cup port
- approx. 6 Tbsp hot chutney
- approx. 9 slices streaky bacon
- 18 glace cherries
- Place the prunes, tea and boiling water into a saucepan and allow to simmer gently until the prunes are soft and plump. Take care that the prunes do not split.
- Pour this mixture into a bowl and leave until cold.
- Add the port and allow to marinate overnight.
- Next day, drain the prunes, remove the pits and fill the cavities with about 5ml chutney.
- Wrap the prunes in the bacon. Allow 1/2 a strip per prune or just enough to completely encircle each prune.
- Place prunes on a baking sheet and bake in a hot oven until the bacon is crisp.
- Using toothpicks, place a cherry on each prune and serve while still warm.