Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Camomile and Chive Mousse
Twinings Tea: Camomile Herbal
Serves about 12
- 2 camomile herbal tea bags
- 1 cup boiling chicken stock
- 1 tbsp gelatine
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 12 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
- salt and white pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp choped fresh chives
- camomile flowers if available
- Carr's bite size water and wholewheat crackers.
- Prepare the tea using chicken stock and infuse for 3 minutes. Sprinkle gelatine over hot mixture and stir to dissolve. Add cold water and cool mixture completely.
- Place liquid in an electric blender and add the cream cheese a little at a time blending until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper. Chill mixture until slightly thickened and stir in chives.
- Pour into a rinsed log mold of 4 cup capacity and chill until firm. Cover closely with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
- Garnish mousse with Camomile flowers if available and serve on Carr's bite size Water and Wholewheat crackers.