Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Brewed Lamb Casserole
Twinings Tea: Darjeeling
- 1 shank end lamb, cut into cubes
- 2 medium onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 tbsp seasoned flour
- 1 tbsp mixed herbs
- 1 1/2 pts Darjeeling tea
- small packet frozen peas
- small can sweetcorn, drained
- cream to serve, optional
- Steep tea for 3-5 minutes and set aside.
- Lightly brown the lamb on all sides in its own fat. Add onions and brown. Sprinkle with seasoned flour and herbs, cook on a low heat for 1-2 mins.
- Stir in the tea and bring to the boil.
- Cover and simmer gently for 1 3/4 hours.
- Add the sweetcorn and peas and heat for a further 10 mins.
- Check seasoning and serve with a swirl of cream and jacket potatoes.