Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Banana Tea Muffins
Twinings Tea: Earl Grey
- 4 oz. margarine
- 5 oz. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup digestive bran
- 3 mashed bananas
- 3 tbsp. full cream milk powder
- 2 oz. chopped walnuts
- 1 cup cold Earl Grey tea
- 12 oz. self-raising flour
- 2 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. cinnamon
- 1tbsp. mixed spice
- Steep tea in hot water for 3-5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Cream the margarine and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the digestive bran, mashed bananas, milk powder and nuts.
- Add one third of the cold tea, then one third of the sifted dry ingredients. Continue until all the ingredients have been mixed in.
- Spoon into well sprayed muffin pans, bake at 350° F for about 25 minutes. Turn onto a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Serve warm with butter.