Making the perfect dish
Tea isn't just for sipping. Look beyond the cup, and you'll discover a host of new ideas to infuse your cooking with your favourite Twinings blends.
Breads & SconesFruit LoafFatless Tea BreadHoney Tea BreadFruit Tea BrackTea SconesBanana Tea Muffins
Entrees, Appetizers & SaladsDarjeeling Prunes In BaconIndian KidneysBrewed Lamb CasseroleRaw Fish Salad With Darjeeling Tea, MarinatedSteamed Savoury RiceCamomile and Chive MousseWild Rice Consomme With Earl GreyTea-Steeped Eggs
Sweets & DessertsTwinings Lady Grey CookiesTwinings Holiday Tea Shortbread CookiesFruit Berry MaltedBlackcurrant Tea MousseBlackcurrant Ice CreamEarl Grey Ice CreamEarl Grey CreamsMrs. Twining's Tea GelatineApricot Tea MousseTea Ice Cream
Apricot Tea Mousse
Twinings Tea: Earl Grey
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 60 ml/4 tbsp cold water
- 125g/4oz sugar
- 250ml / 1/2 pt hot, double strength Earl Grey tea
- lemon juice to taste
- 500ml/1pt double cream whipped
- 440g/1lb can apricot halves, drained and sliced
- Sprinkle the gelatine over the water, and stir over a low heat until dissolved.
- Mix sugar and hot tea in a bowl. Stir in the lemon juice to taste and the dissolved gelatine. Stir lightly until thickened.
- Fold in the whipped cream and apricots.
- Pour the mixture into a frezer container. Cover and freeze until hard.
- To serve, scoop or spoon into cold serving dishes and garnish additional apricots if desired.